Sehubungan dengan upaya peningkatan mutu dan tata kelola jurnal ilimiah nasional menuju terakreditasi dan terindeks internasional bereputasi, Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan Tinggi, Riset dan Teknologi melalui Direktorat Riset, Teknologi dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat bekerja sama dengan Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar melaksanakan Workshop Jurnal Menuju Terindeks Internasional BereputasiTahun Anggaran 2022. Berdasarkan hasil seleksi peserta, maka kegiatan Workshop Jurnal Menuju Terindeks Internasional Bereputasi . jurnal Window of Health (WOH) Merupakan salah satu peserta mengikuti kegiatan tersebut
Ethics of Publication
Window of Health: Journal of Health, using guidelines issued by the Publication Ethics Committee (COPE). The WoH Journal requires that all articles involving human subjects respect the principles of research ethics as set forth in the Helsinki Declaration. The research involving animals as subjects is also required to comply with the International Principles for Biomedical Research issued by the International Health Information Science Board (CIOMS). Ethical publications should be clear in order to improve the quality of research. WoH COPE adjusts to meet ethical standards for publishers, editors, authors, and reviewers.
Here are the ethical standards for editors, authors, and reviewers.
- The editor should be responsible for each article published in WoH Journal.
- The editor should help the author to follow the Guide for authors.
- The editor can communicate with other editors and reviewers in making the final decision.
- An editor should evaluate the manuscript objectively for publication, assessing each quality regardless of citizenship, ethnicity, political belief, race, religion, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation of authors. The editor must reject the assignment if there is a potential conflict of interest.
- The editor needs to make sure the documents sent to the reviewers do not contain information from the author, and vice versa.
- Editor's decision should be notified to the author with the reviewers' comments unless it contains offensive or defamatory remarks.
- The editor must respect the author's request that one should not review its submission if this excuse is reasonable and practical.
- The editor and all staff should ensure the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- The editor will be guided by a COPE flowchart if there is a false suspicion or disputed authorship.
- Reviewers commented on possible errors in research and ethical publications.
- The reviewer should do the job on time and notify the Editor if they can’t complete the job.
- The reviewer must maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- The reviewer may not accept and review the manuscript if there is a potential conflict of interest between them and the author.
- The author ensures that the material to be published has not been published and sent to other places simultaneously.
- Authors must verify the authenticity of their research and they have quoted others correctly according to the reference format.
- The author is not involved in plagiarism.
- The author should follow the criteria described in the writing guidelines to the author.
- Authors are not advised to publish any personal information that might make the patient's identity recognizable in the form of a description, photograph or genealogy section. If the patient's photo is very important and very necessary as scientific information, the author has got written approval and has stated it clearly.
- In the case of human trials, the authors state that the study was in accordance with the ethical standards of the Helsinki declaration, which led human experiments. If there is any doubt raised whether the study took place according to the declaration, then the author should explain it. In the case of animal experiments, the authors have authorized that the authors have followed the guidelines and abroad with regard to animal experiments in the laboratory.
- The author must submit data and details to the editor, if suspected of falsification or data creation.
- The authors should clarify everything that could lead to conflicts of interest such as employment, research costs, consultation fees, and intellectual property for guidelines for authors.
Editor WoH, treats submitted manuscripts and all communications with writers and referees are confidential. The author should also treat communications with the journal as confidential. Correspondence with journals, review reports and other confidential material should not be posted on any website or published without permission from the editor, whether or not the release is published.
The copyright of all articles published in WoH, exclusively retained by authors. Any reproduction of material from the Journal without prior acknowledgment or permission will result in violation of intellectual property laws. Written acceptance of the journal publishing agreement is required before the article can be published.
Authors who may have complaints about their interactions with WoH Journal should send an e-mail to the Editor-in-Chief to: email@example.com