The Efektifitas Polymetric Skipping Terhadap Status Gizi Pada Anak Usia Sekolah Dasar
Globally, Indonesia is listed as the 5th country with the highest number of children experiencing nutritional problems after India, China, Nigeria and Pakistan. In the current Covid 19 pandemic, social restrictions and physical restrictions have caused school-age children to be closed and caused children to do less physical activity which has an impact on children's energy metabolism. The purpose of this study was to determine the effectiveness of polymetric skipping on the nutritional status of elementary school aged children in Pangkajene Kepulauan Regency. This type of research is a quantitative study, namely Quasy Experiment with a Time Series Design. The data collection process was carried out 2 times a week for 4 weeks. The sample of this research was 31 children of grade 3, 4, and 5 grade which were obtained using purposive sampling technique. The results of statistical tests showed that polymetric skipping had an influence on the nutritional status of elementary school aged children (ρ <0.005). The results of this study also indicated that there was an increase in the value towards the median value based on the age of each child. This means that there is an improvement in the direction of children's nutritional status towards normal nutritional status values. The conclusion of this study is that the provision of this exercise at elementary school age provides a good contribution to children's bone growth.
2. Dinas Kesehatan Kabupaten Pangkajene dan Kepulauan. (2013). Profil Kesehatan Kabupaten Pangkep Tahun 2012. Retrieved from: https://www.pusdatin.kemkes.go.id
3. Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia (2018). Buku Saku Pemantauan Status Gizi Tahun 2017. Retrieved from http://www.kemkes.go.id/
4. Martina, N. (2013). Pengaruh Latihan Polymetric Menggunakan Skipping dan Lompat Gawang Terhadap Power Tungkai Peserta Ekstrakurikuler Bola Voli Di SMP Negeri 7 Pekalongan. Retrieved from eprints.uny.ac.id/16279/1/NORMA.pdf
5. Al Sagr, A. N. dan Al Sagr, N. A. 2020. The effect of electronics on the growth and development of young children:A Narrative Review. Journal of Health Informatics in Developing Countries. Vol. 14 No. 1, 2020
6. Setiaputri, K. A., Rahfiludin, M. Z., dan Suroto. 2017. Hubungan Konsumsi Zat Gizi, Persentase Lemak Tubuh Dan Aktivitas Fisik Dengan Kebugaran Jasmani Pada Atlet Renang. Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat (e-Journal) Volume 5, Nomor 3, Juli 2017 (ISSN: 2356-3346) http://ejournal-s1.undip.ac.id/index.php/jkm 166
7. Forkert, E. C. O., De Moraes, A. C. F., Carvalho, H. B., Manios, Y., Widhalm, K., Gonzales-Gross, M., Gutierrez, A., Kafatos, A., Censi, L., De Henauw, S., & Moreno L. A. 2019. Skipping Breakfast Is Associated With Adiposity Markers Especially When Sleep Time Is Adequate In Adolescents. Nature Research Journal. Volume 9, Article number: 6380.
8. Adriani, M. dan Wirjatmadi, B. 2016. Pengantar Gizi Masyarakat. Jakarta: Kencana.
9. Santos, H. O., Genario, R., Macedo, R. C. O., Pareek, M., & Tinsley, G. M. 2020. Association Of Breakfast Skipping With Cardiovascular Outcomes And Cardiometabolic Risk Factors: An Updated Review Of Clinical Evidence. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition Journal. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2020.1819768
10. Fayet-Moore, F., Kim, J., Sritharan, N.,& Petocz, P. 2016. Impact of Breakfast Skipping and Breakfast Choice on the Nutrient Intake and Body Mass Index of Australian Children. Nutrients Journal
11. Fuchs,R. K., Bauer, J. J., and Snow, C. M. 2019. Jumping Improves Hip and Lumbar Spine Bone Mass in Prepubescent Children: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. Volume16, Issue1. Pages 148-156
12. Amy, S. H., Johan, Y. Y., and Mary, S. C. 2017. Rope skipping increases bone mineral density at calcanei of pubertal girls in Hong Kong: A quasi-experimental investigation. NCBI Journal; Volume 12(12).
13. Nguyen, V. H. 2018. School-based exercise interventions effectively increase bone mineralization in children and adolescents. Osteoporosis and Sarcopenia Journal. Volume 4 (2018) 39-46
14. Shokibi, A. dan Nuryanto. 2015. Hubungan Asupan Energi, Protein, Seng, Dan Kebugaran Fisik Dengan Prestasi Belajar Anak Stunting Di Sdn Penganten I, II, Dan III Kecamatan Klambu Kabupaten Grobogan. Journal of Nutrition College, Volume 4, Nomor 1, Tahun 2015, Halaman 71 – 78
15. Utami, A. D., Indarto, D., dan Dewi, Y. L. R. 2017. The Effect of Dietary Intake and Social Economic Factors on the Risk of Stunting in Primary School Children in Surakarta, Central Java. Journal of Epidemiology and Public Health Volume 02(01):1-10
16. Hasnan, M., Suhaila, Mahenderan, Ruhaya, & Ani, N. 2020. Meal Skipping: Predictors Of Weight Status From A Nationally Representative Adolescents Sample. International Journal of Public Health and Clinical Sciences e-ISSN: 2289-7577. Vol. 7:No. 4 July/August 2020
17. Hao, M., Han, W., & Yamauchi, T. 2019. Short-Term and Long-Term Effects of a Combined Intervention of Rope Skipping and Nutrition Education for Overweight Children in Northeast China. SAGE Journal. Volume: 31 issue: 4, page: 348-358
18. Eler, N. dan Hakan, A. 2018. The Effects of the Rope Jump Training Program in Physical Education Lessons on Strength, Speed and VO[subscript 2] Max in Children. Universal Journal of Educational Research, v6 n2 p340-345 2018
19. Qamariyah, B. dan Nindya, T. S. 2018. Correlation between Energy Intake, Macro Nutrients and Total Energy Expenditure and Nutritional Status of Elementary Students. Amerta Nutrition Journal (2018) 59-65
20. Cayres, Suziane, U., Jacqueline U. B., Fernandes, & Romulo, A. 2018. Physical Activity and Skipping Breakfast Have Independent Effects on Body Fatness Among Adolescents. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. Volume 67 - Issue 5 - p 666-670.
21. Joschtel, B., Gomersall, S. R., Tweedy, S., Petsky, H., Chang, A. B., dan Trost, S. G. 2018. Effects of exercise training on physical and psychosocial health in children with chronic respiratory disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open Sport & Exercise Medicine Journal 2018;0:e000409. doi:10.1136/ bmjsem-2018-000409
22. Putri, A. I., Puruhito, B., Pramono, D., & Kumaidah, E. 2020. The Difference Of Attention Level Before And After Skipping Exercise In Medical Faculy Of Diponegoro University Students. Diponegoro Medical Journal. Volume 9, Nomor 1, Januari 2020
23. Singh, A., S., Saliasi, C. E., Van Den Berg, V., Uijtdewilligen, L, De Groot, R. H. M., Jolles, J., Andersen, L. B., Bailey, R., Chang, Y. K., Diamond, A., Ericsson, I., Etnier, J. L., Fedewa, A. L., Hillman, C. H., McMorris, T., Pesce, C., Pühse, U., Tomporowski, P. D., Chinapaw, M. J. M. 2019. In Children And Adolescents: A Novel Combination Of A Systematic Review And Recommendations From An Expert Panel. British Journal of Sports Medicine. Volume 53. Issue number 10. p. 640-647. p.8.
24. Çalık, S., U., Pekel, H. A., & Aydos, L. 2018. A Study of Effects of Kids' Athletics Exercises on Academic Achievement and Self-esteem. Universal Journal of Educational Research 6(8): 1667-1674, 2018 http://www.hrpub.org DOI: 10.13189/ujer.2018.060806
25. Yumashev, A., Berestova, A, Derinov, A., Medvedev, I., & Philippova, A. 2020. E-learning for Promoting the Potential for Participating in Sports: Effective Physical Training for Children Aged 10 to 13. Journal of Physical Education and Sport. Vol. 12 Issue 1, p3671-3683. 13p. 7.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
All articles published Open Access are free for everyone to read and download. Under the CC-BY-SA license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article, but authors grant others permission to use the content of publications in WoH in whole or in part provided that the original work is properly cited.
Users (redistributors) of WoH are required to cite the original source, including the author's names, WoH as the initial source of publication, year of publication, and volume number